MEMORY VERSE: “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you going” -Ecclesiastes 9:10
BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 26:12-22
One of the crucial challenges we all face is the discovery of our purpose for living. When the use of a thing is not known, abuse is usually inevitable. If you do not know what God has prepared you pr, you may not be able to optimize the entrepreneurial grace in you. Discovery of divine purpose and acquisition of the necessary skills to accomplish it in the contemporary, complex, and competitive world you live in is imperative.
1. DISCOVER YOUR CREATIVE ABILITY.
2. DEVELOP ESSENTIALS SKILLS
1.DISCOVER YOUR CREATIVE ABILITY
God is the first entrepreneur Gen. 1:1-31. God is the source of all creativity, and the originator of our ability to make something of value out of the raw materials of this world Jn. 1:3; Heb. 11:3. God reveals your purpose through prayer, Bible study, education, trainings, dreams, visions, instincts, inclinations, desires. counselling, inner stirrings, or yearnings in a particular direction Jer. 29:11; Ps. 119:105; Prov. 3:5-6.
To be creative, you look at the world around you and see the unmet needs or the areas of dissatisfaction. Gen. 41:33-40; 46-57; 47:13-26. Add value; provide excellent service with your creative business idea that solves problems for others, Col 3:17.Ps.37:23.
Being regenerated is the prerequisite to discovering God’s f. 28; 1Jn. 1:7: Eph. 5:0.
2. DEVELOP ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following are the essential skills required from a creative entrepreneur:
1. Excellent Communication skills. This enables you to entrepreneur information about the product or concept clearly outlining its unique selling point, location, price etc Col 4:6; Ecc 10:12; Mk9:50;1 Pet3:15
2. Listening skills. This is the ability of the entrepreneur to be attentive/responsive to questions or complaints about product/service being introduced to the potential customers Jam. 1:19
3. Negotiation skills. Ability to strike a lucrative bargain with the wholesaler or retailer about placing orders, volume/quantity of product, pricing, discount, and other incentives provided by the company to optimize market reach. Lk.14:28; Gen 21:2831
4. Conflict management skills. The ability to settle disputes amicably between the company and its customer promptly when they arise is essential for the entrepreneur Heb. 12:14
5. Problem-solving skills. The entrepreneur should possess the ability to identify, analyse and offer appropriate solutions to various problems that might arise. They research relevant information from credible sources, analyse and interpret the information in line consumer behaviour/ purchasing models. 1 Kgs.3:16-28.
6. Interpersonal skills. The entrepreneur must be approachable cheerful, and relatable with potential customers 1 Sam. 22:1-2
7. Time management skills. Ability to prioritize urgent essential tasks over needful tasks in your to do list. Eccl.3:1.
8. Technical skills. Entrepreneurs should at least have a basic knowledge about the technologies that are to be used Dan.9.2.
9. Management skills. Must be able to delegate and manage different people such as clients, employees, co-workers, competitors, etc. Gen. 39:4, 9a.
10. Organisation skills: They should be highly organised and should be able to effectively schedule tasks 1 Chron.12:32.
Proper use of your skill is a gateway to becoming a successful entrepreneur, Be intentional.
FURTHER READING: Mon – Ex. 31:2-5. Tue – Jam. 1:5.Wed – 1Kgs 7:13-14. 1Chron. 12:3. Thurs – 1Kgs 3:11-12. Fri- Prov. 2:3 -8. Sat Matt. 7:7. Sun – Jn. 15:7.