OHCCL Student and Youth Ministry
Young people are heavy influencers, and most importantly they grow according to how they are fed- they are what they eat. This is why it is vital that their input is clean, constructive, challenging- and full of the truth!
The Youth Ministry of OHCCL Church. Their passion is to see friends, and other youth inspired for Christ; for the youth to be built up and equipped by the truth, to be encouraged to participate in events and to be inspired to reach out to others! Through the gifts and interests of the youth ministry, their goal is to see all youth strive to maximise their potential in Christ.
Here are a few things that the youth ministry will be doing to influence the lives of young people in Luton;
- Youth Christian Music Concert
- Youth Bible Studies/ Cell Meetings
- New Fresher’s Student day
- Youth Outings, e.g. dinners, picnics, BBQs, bowling, football etc
- Youth Conference
Princes and Princesses Church (12 -16yrs)
OHCCL Teen Church
Teen Church is envisaged as a bridge between children’s church and the main Church Service. Its purpose is to equip the children to concentrate on a sermon, to take notes and to take away a life application from the sermon. Teen Church is for children aged 12 and over, who are not yet able to sit through an entire main service.
During this time, the teens watch a 30 minute DVD recording of a sermon message and are encouraged to take notes. The remainder of the time is spent in discussing what has been learnt and the leader answering any questions that people may have.
OHCCL Youth (S.I.L.G) Single Intelligent Seeking God 16 – 24 yrs
Teen Who We Are
The youth ministry of OHCCL. The youth ministry’s aim is to help each and every young person grow personally and spiritually. We are a Church ministry which strives to provide a variety of opportunities and experiences to draw teens into active, responsible participation in church life and the work of faith.
What We Do
- We work towards building on four core essentials – worship, discipleship, mission and social action. We are hoping to call the youthful generation to dynamic faith, Christ-like lifestyle, and adventurous mission of faith.
- We also seek to help our youths share their gifts, grow in life skills, develop a positive self-image, overcome prejudices, develop respect for differences, serve the Lord, develop a personal spirituality and prayer life, apply the Christian faith to their daily life(s), participate in the Church, and develop a personal relationship with Jesus.
- We encourage our young people to embrace their gifts and to walk with them in their process of becoming all their best in the Lord.
- We also work towards organising a series of programs and activities to give young people a chance to participate in Church life, develop their own faith and spirituality.
- We tend to do al these in a fun and Godly atmosphere to the Glory of God.
- We are motivated by the love of God, also passionate about preaching the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in all we do.
The S.I.L.G ministry is OHCCL single’s fellowship. It is the ministry that caters for the needs and spiritual growth of the singles within the church.
Which signifies Elegance, Prestige, Luxury, Smoothness and Softness. We believe that the life of a single person should portray these qualities.
What We Do
- We work towards helping every single in OHCCL person settle in church and play an active role in achieving the church’s God given mandate.
- We work towards encouraging singles in the church to utilize their gifts and talents in serving God.
- We encourage the singles to be proactive in planning events that are relevant and would cater for the different groups of singles within OHCCL.